Makers Collage - coming in December from Windham Fabrics!

Monday, December 31, 2007

New Years Eve Reflections - 2007


"We are the echo of the future."  - W.S. Merwin

On this eve, I choose calm and quiet.  I am still and I listen for the echo of what is to come.  To create.  To do.  To be.

And if you are not calm and quiet, and if you are singing and dancing and greeting the new year with revelry, I think that will be what you create and do.  That is what you will be.

So, choose wisely.

May the new year be a delight to you all of the days of 2008.

It is a blank page; write well.

As for the old year, I quote Buckminister Fuller:
"There is no conclusion.  There are no fortunes to be told, and no advice to be given.  Farewell."

And as for the bittersweet ache that 2007 has left, I quote Luis Cernuda:

"I know well enough that this image - fixed forever in my mind is not you, but the shadow of love which exists in me...and although I know this, I then think that without you, without the rare excuse you give me, my love, now a tenderness today would be there within sleeping still and lying in hope...then I thank you."

1 comment:

Susan said...

I've come back here more than once to re-read the quote at the end of this post. Could you please tell me where you found it? Thank you and Happy Belated New Year. :) Looking forward to visiting your booth at Road to CA.