Makers Collage - coming in December from Windham Fabrics!

Sunday, October 4, 2015

....another "back to school" tip!

it's quite simple, actually

this little pressing tip


after chain piecing a seam on a whole lot of blocks
I use my little baby bow scissors to cut the blocks apart

stack them up
then hold them up with one hand

I take the selected pressing spray in the other hand

and spray all of the ends
all of them

together.
all at once.
and, of course, I do this over my pressing surface
easy peasy
done.

I lay the stack down on my pressing surface,
take each block off of the stack, one by one
and press the seam
(whether you press from the back, and press your seams open
or you press from the front, and fold over)

if it seems as tho one seam or another has not received enough spray
then I will spray that one block individually

otherwise - phew!
what a time saver.

be.do.create.
Natalie.


ps - did you find the pun in this post?


1 comment:

Suzanne Ramsay said...

Such a smart idea! Thanks for sharing. What a lot of time you will be saving me...Thank you