Makers Collage - coming in December from Windham Fabrics!

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Family. Two dogs, two kids, two adults - and me.



Family.


It's sweet.
It's messy.
It's all around you.  You can't get away from it once you're in the middle of it.


Dogs wake you every morning by smelling your breath, 
then licking your face.
They go room to room checking on every kid in the house.
No matter how old the kid is.
The dog remembers KID.


It's tradition.
Pizza on Fridays.
After running Monday through Thursdays.
Saturdays are hamburgers.
You can count on it.
No matter what time you come home, 
there they are waiting for you.
"should we wrap this up and put it away?"
"no, leave it.  TK will eat them when he comes home"


"I stayed tonite to be with you"
"I'll come home tomorrow to see you"


FAmILy.


cool.


If you've got one, well, it's no big deal.
But when you don't.
Well.


Two dogs, two kids, two adults, and me.


cool.


they all 
sparkle+shine




thank you, all of you, for letting me be family
if only for a little while


Loves,
Natalie.


2 comments:

Natalie Carlton said...

Natalie it was nice to meet you at the show. I hope you did well. I like your blog but i didnt see where to become a follower. Happily Quilting Natalie Carlton
Americanmadequilting.com

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

aww.... family = baseball {you know that is so true with my family!}