Makers Collage - coming in December from Windham Fabrics!

Saturday, November 14, 2009

A different perspective



WORLD QUILT 2009

There are times when you need to change your outlook.
See things in a different light.

GAIN SOME PERSPECTIVE


What does it take for you to see things in a different light?
An Ott Lamp?
A reducing lens?
Sometimes, when I'm working on a quilt, even putting it on a design board doesn't let me see the contrast, the comparison, the scale, the value, the color.
I will set it on the floor and climb up on a stool with my digital camera.
I'll take a pic.
I'll load it on to the computer.
I'll look at it - send it to friends for a critique.
Do you have friends that will give you honest input - constructive criticism?
Where do you go for a fresh perspective?



Here is beyond the reef
as you have never seen it before


A different perspective
will also give you a different perspective
on things.


Try it.
See what you see.


sparkle+shine
2009


natalie.

1 comment:

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

simple.. clean... and focused. but still 100% natalie.