Makers Collage - coming in December from Windham Fabrics!

Sunday, May 5, 2013

It is New Quilt season.....

It's Spring

most of you think
flowers
furniture on the deck and bbq

but quilters?  they think

new quilt season!!!!

because I have been more absent than not
here at the blog
I thot I would let you in on where it is
that I have been

TikiTemple

I am lucky enough to live in Southern California
home of
Alexander Henry Fabrics
Anthology Fabrics
to name a few
and
I started thinking about this quilt design when I saw these Hoffman California Fabrics
but I wanted to test my idea
before cutting in to that great Liquorice Bali Pop
I grabbed a bundle of Marcia Derse that we have in the shop site
and started working on the pattern
this was just one layout
but a layout I decided to use to make this over sized runner
I didn't like it
until I quilted it
and added the black binding
and decided I could work with it
it was time to try the tone on tone batiks
I added the red
I took away the red
arranged the blocks in the second alternate layout
finally, I selected some bright
Robert Kaufman Kona Cottons
and sent them to a friend with some hand written pattern instructions
she got back to me with news that one piece was off by 1/2 inch
YIKES
bless her, she finished the quilt
and sent it to
for quilting
while I worked on the pattern illustrations and instructions
and waited for the quilt to arrive
so it could be photographed and the pattern sent to print

so next time you think spring
think new quilt season

and forgive us all for being just a little bit
absent

while we try to meet our Spring Quilt Market deadlines

be.do.create

natalie.



please visit again in the next few days for more info on new patterns
and an upcoming giveaway!







2 comments:

mascanlon said...

Looking forward to seeing the new patterns Natalie!

Carla said...

What is the red and white fabric? Thanks!